Living in Colorado means we’re constantly having to combat a very dry enviroment, especially when it comes to keeping our skin and lips hydrated. Whether it’s warm Colorado Summer days or frigid Colorado Winters, our lips can really take a beating year round. Why put a bandaid on the issue with just an ordinary lip balm when you can actually help repair dry, cracked, moisture lacking lips. Antioxidant Lip Repair by SkinCeuticals is a powerful lip treatment that smooths, hydrates and fights damaged lips not only due to enviromental triggers, but also drying due to prescription therapies such as oral isotrtinoins or Acutane for example.
Two powerful antioxidants, vitamin E and silymarin in AOX Lip Repair, neutralize free radicals and soothe and heal dry, irritated lips. A complex of humectants and emollients made up of glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and hydroxyethyl urea help attract and retain water to rejuvenate. Special botanical emollients hydrate and heal dry, dehydrated lips, to smooth the appearance of deep lines for full, healthy, youthful lips.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind when dealing with dry, chapped lips:
* Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!!! Drink plenty of water and just when you think you’ve drank enough, drink more!
* Don’t pick or peel skin off chapped lips
* Sleep with a humidifier, especially during the winter when we run the heat. Not only does it make the air we breathe in healthier, but if we sleep with our mouths open, which many of us do, the humidifier helps to keep the air moist.
* Exfoliate lips with a DIY sugar scrub with a little honey. Sugar attracks moisture and honey acts as a anti-inflammatory, a win win for dry, cracked lips.
* Break the habit of licking your lips. This one is a biggie. Licking your lips is more drying than you think. Your saliva will moisten for a brief moment, but drys out quickly and is actually doing more damage to already damaged lips. Always have your AOX lip repair handy!
* Say yes to Fish or if you don’t prefer eating Fish you can supplement with an Omega 3 Fatty Acid which study’s have shown to keep the skin hydrated.
* Before bedtime, apply your Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair and once again in the morning after you cleanse your face. You will love the healing effect this product has and the difference it will make when it comes to dry, cracked lips.
* And just in case we didn’t make ourselves abundantly clear, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE.